We envision a world where every child in Africa has access to quality education and every parent in Africa has a sustainable livelihood.
We work with over 3000 undeserved households in 2 districts in Central Uganda to end extreme poverty, as defined by the World Bank as living on less than $1.90 per day. We do this by:
- Mobilizing parents and forming school-based groups to embark upon income-generating initiatives that are in turn used to finance education for children.
- Providing financial literacy training and mentorship to parents to help them manage their money wisely and plan for their future.
- Linking parents to formal financial institutions and markets to help them access credit, savings, insurance, and other financial services.
- Supporting youth in rural/urban primary and secondary schools to develop entrepreneurial skills and mindset through clubs, camps, competitions, and scholarships.
- Empowering youth and women in underserved areas to start or grow their own businesses or social enterprises through incubation programs, seed funding, coaching, and networking.
Equity: We work with undeserved communities to put an end to extreme poverty by ensuring that they have access to productive resources to catalyze their development.
Sustainability: In all we do, we start with a continuity plan to ensure that our projects have lasting impact on the communities we serve.
Teamwork: We believe that when people work together, they achieve more as well captured in the famous African proverb that “If you want to fast, move alone, but if you want to go further, move together”. We move together to achieve more in all we do.
Community Led: We implement community led solutions. We involve the community in planning, implementing and monitoring of all our projects to ensure community ownership.
Accountability: We observe high level of transparency and professionalism in the implementation of all our projects. We are accountable to all our stakeholders.